Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New Recipe: Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

This recipe is one I've had my sights on for a while but I was slightly intimidated by it. Now that I've made it, I'm not sure why because it was pretty easy...and REALLY good! I found this recipe for Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin on Pinterest. There seem to be a gazillion verstion of this but that link is for the one I used specifically.




Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin


Meat:
  • 2 lbs pork tenderloin
  • 1 teaspoon ground sage
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 clove garlic; crushed
  • 1/2 water
Glaze:
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Instructions:
  1. Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub the mixture over tenderloin(s). Pour 1/2 cup water in crockpot and put tenderloin(s) in crockpot.
  2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  3. An hour before the meat is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, and soy sauce.
  4. Heat over medium heat and stir until mixture thickens (she says about 4 minutes). Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. For a more caramelized crust: remove from crockpot and place on aluminum lined baking pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1-2 minutes until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2-3 more times until desired crust is achieved.
  5. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
Recipe Source: Laura's Sweet Spot


Notes/Suggestions:

  • I made this exactly as the recipe said but my pork tenderloins (it was a package of two) were about 2.5 lbs. It still turned out great.
  • I glazed mine in the crockpot and caramelized it under the broiler. I was really afraid to burn it so I didn't leave it in there as long as I should have. Next time - I will be making this again - I'll be a little braver with the broiler.
  • The glaze is awesome! Not too sweet. Husband wanted to stick a fork in each end of one of the tenderloins and just gnaw the outside off like corn on the cob.
  • Reheated pretty well for lunch the next day :)
  • Kid tested, kid approved!
ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...