Friday, July 11, 2014

High Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) Friday, the 4th of July, was the last day of my running challenge. The two previous days I had gone for walks instead of running but I really wanted to finish with a run. Knowing we were going to watch the fireworks that night, I decided to run while Husband & Grant took their mid-day naps. Bad idea. It was so incredibly hot. But I did finish my challenge - yay!

2) Friday night we found a decent spot away from downtown to watch the fireworks. It was obvious that we missed some of the good stuff because of our location but we still got a good show without having to go downtown. Seeing Grant's reaction was totally worth letting him stay up far too late past his bedtime.
Waiting patiently for the fireworks to start!
Grant really liked all the shapes they made with the fireworks.
3) Husband's aunt was in town for the 4th so Saturday night we all went out to dinner. We followed that up with snow cones and some time on the playground nearby  
So happy :)
That static hair was cracking us up when he came down the slide!
4) We once again tried the ice cream in a baggie thing - I think we're a bit obsessed with this. This time I tried to make it chocolate. It didn't turn out as chocolatey as we would have liked but it was still really good.

5) I went for my first post-challenge run this week and felt surprisingly good. It was also my longest run this summer. I didn't even mind so much how hot it was because there was a relatively decent breeze. I've been a little lazy this week with my running and all the rain we're getting is really helping me justify staying inside. But hopefully this weekend I'll feel a little more motivated.

Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

1 comment:

  1. Good for you with the running/walking! Love the 'static' hair. He's growing up way to fast. Enjoy your summer :)

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...