Friday, August 29, 2014

High Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week. 

1) As Grant's "big" birthday present, we (yes, WE) built him a sandbox! I was really nagging Husband about getting it built and filled because I wanted it done before his actual birthday so the kids at his party could play. We got it set up the weekend before but last Friday finally got some sand for it. It rained so the first time Grant really got to play in it was Saturday at his party with his friends.
Take Sunday morning after his party but it's a nice shot of
our handy work :) While playing Grant told me "I love this sandbox!"
2) Saturday we had Grant's birthday party! I love his birthdays and planning his parties. The older he gets the more excited he gets and he was beside himself with excitement waiting for the day to get here. And he had the best day! (More on the party HERE)
The Avengers cake I made him
Me and my sister-in-law, Hollie, having too much fun with
the masks I made for the kids!
3) Monday was Grant's first day of pre-K! Or, as he calls it, "pre-K school". It was a bit bittersweet (because along with pre-K comes instant talk of kindergarten) but he was so excited!

4) Monday night we stayed out too late and went to a Durham Bulls baseball game. We ended up staying the whole game (we were off the next day for Grant's real birthday) and the Bulls won and won their division championship. It was a really fun night (and I discovered my new favorite ballpark treat: an Italian ice topped with frozen custard - life changing!).
Me & Grant in our awesome Yankees jerseys...and
Husband in that crappy White Sox one (hehehe).


5) We took Tuesday off to spend the day with Grant for his actual birthday. He got to pick what we did, he chose the zoo. It was blissfully uncrowded and we had a great day! (P.S. I still haven't fed a giraffe.)




Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...