Friday, October 3, 2014

High Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Lauren and Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week. This week seems very food-oriented!

1) On Friday our big boss had a pizza lunch for us just to say thanks for what we do. We don't do things like that often and it was nice to sit with everyone at lunch for a bit and just talk. I'd been itching to bake something new, so I made these chocolate peanut butter cake bars for our dessert:

2) Saturday morning I really branched out and tried grits for the first time! I've been living in the south for 13 years now and have adamantly refused to try them every chance I get because they just looked gross. But I recently found this recipe for Cheddar Garlic Grits with Fried Eggs and the picture made my mouth water. I had all the stuff, so I made it Saturday morning. I have been turned. The garlic was a bit heavy for a morning meal but I'd definitely make this again sometime.

3) Grant and I went for a walk together Saturday afternoon! Usually for walks he's in the stroller (which I do know he's too big for) or he'll ride his bike. But this time we walked together - 2.25 miles! - and it was so much fun! He kept calling it our adventure :)

4) Sunday night we busted out this ice cream machine that Grant got for his birthday that basically makes blizzards for you. It was a lot of fun! And, I have to say, I was impressed with how easy it was to put together, easy it was to use, and very low-mess on the clean up. 
Grant mixed Cap'n Crunch into his...which wasn't great. I went
with peanut butter cups...which was great.
5) Fall mornings. I love Fall!

6) I actually planned out our dinners for the week (and have stuck to it!) and to break up our weekly routine, we had a picnic dinner in the park Wednesday evening. Grant hinted over the weekend about a picnic and he really loves them - and being outside in general. With the days getting shorter I thought we'd need to do it sooner rather than later. We invited my in-laws to join us and we ate giant sandwiches, chips, pasta salad, and brownies for dessert. Followed up with some playground time! It was a great evening!
So  happy :)
7) One more about food! Last night I decided to try this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli. I almost didn't make it because I was in a rush to get dinner on the table. I'm so glad I didn't skip it! It was SO easy to get ready, cooked fast, and was - hands down - the best broccoli I've ever eaten in my life!


Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...