Friday, April 10, 2015

High Five for Friday

Hi there! Today I'm linking up Jennie to share some of my favorite stuff from the past week.

1) Last week, on Thursday, we had the opportunity to go to Grant's Easter party at school. It was adorable, so much fun, and Grant was so excited that we could both be there. The kids got bunny noses painted on by one of the teachers, there were lots of yummy snacks for them to have, and then we got to do a craft together. 

2) Good Friday was spent in Greensboro at the Greensboro Science Center. Husband doesn't get Good Friday off but he was jealous that we were exploring a new place so he took the day off. I'll get a post up about it eventually, but it was a really neat place. It's an aquarium, museum, and zoo all in one. Lots of neat stuff to see and do and a great way to spend our day off together!
He was so excited about the sharks!
"Look! I'm like Thor!"
Through a tunnel and this bubble, you can go inside the otter habitat!
3) Saturday was Easter prep which meant cooking and my helper was chomping at the bit to get in the kitchen with me. He helped me make the macaroni & cheese and couldn't have been more proud of himself (he also enjoyed the compliments at Easter lunch).
He really is a help!
4) Easter! I'll do more about this soon, but this year the Easter Bunny sent Grant on a little scavenger hunt for his basket. It was a lot of fun to watch him look for all the clues and finally find his basket. And he got to enjoy a little chocolate bunny before heading to Gramma & Grandpa's for a big lunch.

The Easter Bunny brought this dino-lover a new dinosaur book
that might be one of his favorite things ever.
5) My sister sent us a box this week! She sends things to Grant for Easter every year and there was some stuff tucked in the bottom for me too :)
You can never have too many ring pops.
Syracuse sweatpants (and OMG are they comfortable) and three
boxes of my favorite store bought chocolate chip cookies!
6) They recently did pictures at school and they were cap & gown for the kids who will be moving to kindergarten this year. I knew it was coming but I still wasn't prepared. And Grant talks constantly about graduation, the songs they'll sing for us, and how we'll go to the party after. I'm not handling this well. The poor kid thinks I don't want to go because I can't talk about it with him or I'll just start crying!
Not ready. Not even a little.
7) Three words: breakfast for dinner.
Stuffed french toast (with hash browns). One of my favs!
8) Last night Grant really wanted to go outside to fly this foam airplane my sister sent him. He's been begging all week. The storms squashed his dreams. But I had bought the ingredients to make "fluffy stuff" (more on that in an upcoming post) so we did that. He loved it! He played with it for an hour and a half and only stopped because it was bath time. 


Happy Friday everyone!
Have a great weekend!
 photo FFaves_zps6c1a013e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...